Back from Japan! It was a very learning week. Among other we met
- Manager for Toyota automotive software
- CEO of Fujitsu Siemens Software
- Representatives from the Agile community in Japan
- Agile pioneers such as Eiwa and Azzuri
- Cheif engineer of Lexus and Supra program, Katyama-san
- Former IT manager of Toyota Kuriowa-san
And of course visited a Toyota plant
It was really interesting to see:
- Toyota’s response to the current crises, totally different from what I’d expect western companies to do
- How continuous improvement, Kaizen, is on top of the agenda. Especially CEO’s. "It is in our DNA"
- How Kanban is the center of the modern Japanese software shop
- How the Agile community of Japan is spearheading changes
- How new cars got developed and how people leading these efforts where picked (comparison: Product Owner in Scrum)
I am going to talk more about this in my session at Future of Agile.
Big thanks to Bent and Kenji who made this possible.