I got the chance to meet Luke, the founder of innovation games this week. I find his view refreshing – humans are basically creative. We need to provide the platform for ideas to emerge. Some of my reflections after listening to the stories:
- It’s serious play, these games shape the outcome of of real products for companies like Cisco today
- I was a bit skeptical about trying them online, but I find they can provide alternatives to retrospectives for distributed teams.
- It is as much about the reasons we reveal for our choices, as the games itself.
- I find the games can help developers (and product owners) learn about the (unspoken) needs of market segments and user groups. Understanding the rationale of their choices is key to designing a good solution.
- If I was a sales person, I’d jump on them right away. Way more fun than death by power point.
Here’s me asking some questions to Luke.
One response on “Insights from Innovation games with Luke Hohmann”