My new book – “Real World Kanban” is now available. Here’s the plot in a nutshell:
What happens when Kanban is used in real projects? Kanban has few rules, but an infinite number of strategies. What seems easy in theory can become tangled in practice. So there’s nothing like learning from real world cases. Learn how we:
- Improved the full value chain by using Enterprise Kanban.
(Find out how we improved time to market and shifted focus from Sprints to Flow to deliver customer value in a traditional company.)
- Boosted engagement, teamwork, and flow in change management and operations.
- Saved a derailing project with Kanban.
- Helped an office team outside IT keep up with growth using Kanban.
Inside each case story, you’ll find guerilla techniques on how we made improvements happen (including cases where we #failed). I also walk through why focusing on “improving IT” can make you miss your biggest improvement opportunity (the front end part of your value stream) as well as the 5 system “enablers” that guided our long term improvements.
Sounds interesting? You can get “Real World Kanban” from:
- Pragmatic https://pragprog.com/book/mskanban/real-world-kanban (eBook /PDF)
- Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Kanban-Less-Accomplish-Thinking/dp/1680500775/ (kindle/physical)