Timing: 10 mins
- A fair amount of cups ( x2 > no of team members)
- A bag (holding cups)
- A referree counting cups and checking time
Split into two teams "planners" and "doers". Introduce both teams into winning rules: Any team passning the highest number of cups around in 60s will win. Any cup dropped is considered faulty and has to start over from the beginning.
Limitation: A cup cannot be passed on to the person standing next to you but cup must pass all persons in the team before counting as a score.
Planners: now has 5 min for planning their way of action (but are not allowed to practice!)
Doers: can practice for 5 minutes
Bring teams out and run the game.
Note: game can also be run in a single team setup with two rounds. Give team 1 minute to plan before each round and note the number of cups passed in each round.
- By doing, you uncover things you could not forsee
- By doing, team has already passed a number of cups! (aka made a prototype 🙂
- How did productivity go up per iteration?
- Who stepped up and offered solutions? Was problem solved through member interaction or command/control?