Last week i quit my assignment at Spotify. I was there to help and act as a stand-in for Joakim Sundén while he was on paternity leave. He’s now back in the saddle as Agile Coach in the More Than Music Tribe. I had the pleasure to work closely with the Agile Coach Christian Vikström on Spotify and together we have been coaching the Browse, Growth and Customer Support squads. A was also a member of the tribe management team, and together we did some new interesting stuff.
It’s has been fascinating and fantastic to work with such dedicated people and a product that has such a traction. Spotify is also really trying to build an awesome and agile organization and culture that can win and sustain in the long run. What is there to do at such a fantastic company? That’s a reasonable question. A lot I discovered. Spotify is shock full of super smart people, but many of them has not worked there for long, many of them has not worked long at all, teams have been newly formed and are under constant change. Simply put: even Spotify needs a lot of basic agile coaching.
When I now look back at what we did during these last 8 month I see a lot of tools and experiences that I think others also can find useful. During the next couple of month I will share them through this blog. Hope you will find them useful. Here’s the planned list:
- Facilitating the Lean Dot game
- Facilitating from the Back of the Room
- The Lean Canvas tool
- Agile Basics: User Story Workshop
- The Elephant Carapaccio facilitation presentation
- Getting started with Impact Mapping
- Google present as a management dashboard
- Fluent@agile (with Christian Vikström)
- How css can make Jira Agile usable
- The 3 boards – how to get flow in Jira
- The Pirate Ship – how to facilitate team design
- The mysteries of cooperation