Here the the slides from my presentation "Kanban and Scrum – a practical guide" from QCon in San Francisco today. The presentation is mostly pictures. If you are curious about what I was saying, check out the free online book “Kanban and Scrum – making the most of both”.
Great feedback! 77 green notes, 7 yellow, 0 red. Someone even wrote "there should have been a greener one!" Always fun with an enthusiastic audience, thanks everyone )
- Know your goal
- Hint: Agile/Lean/Kanban/Scrum isn’t it.
- Never blame the tool
- Tools don’t fail or succeed. People do.
- There is no such thing as a good or bad tool. Only good or bad decisions about when, where, how, and why to use which tool.
- Don’t limit yourself to one tool
- Learn as many as possible.
- Compare for understanding, not judgement.
- Experiment & enjoy the ride
- Don’t worry about getting it right from start; you won’t.
- The only real failure is the failure to learn from failure.
Here is some of my other stuff that was referenced during the presentation: